Of "area for 15 minutes to station" that can go to the nearest station within 15 minutes population was approximately 74% of all citizens in 1997. We pushed forward approach with the goal of raising that to about 80% in five years until 2001.
Yokohama Shiei Subway Green Line started a business in March, 2008, and by new establishments of maintenance and bus routes such as highways of "area for 15 minutes to the nearest station" of the end of 2007, as for the population ratio, it was to 88.4%.
By the following approaches, we will push forward approach toward maintenance, enhancement of "we maintain transit system of 15 minutes to the nearest station" in future.
Of "15 minutes to the nearest station" definition
- We do with the time required from home to the nearest station.
- We do the commuter rush hour (almost 8:00 from 7:00 a.m.) on weekdays with target time.
- We assume available station the target nearest station station in the time mentioned above.
- For transportation, we premise that we use foot and bus, and two-wheeled vehicle, automobility does not intend.
- We do not consider in waiting time in bus stop.
- New transportation system shall not have access with bus.
- Area where it is not assumed that it becomes residential area for the future including harborside areas such as the U.S. forces requisition place, wharf does not intend for golf course, large-scale green tract of land, wide area park.
Of "area for 15 minutes to station" main approach for expansion
Expansion of area with railroad new lines on foot
Range that can go to station by setting such as new stations on foot spreads.
- Maintenance [the 1999 opening of business] of Blue Line (Tozuka - Shonandai)
- Extension [the 1999 opening of business] of Sotetsu Izumino Line
- Commuting line of Kodomonokuni Line [2000 conduct]
- Maintenance [the February 1, 2004 opening of business] of Minato Mirai Line (Yokohama - Motomachi-Chukagai)
- Maintenance [the March 30, 2008 opening of business] of Green Line (Hiyoshi - Nakayama)
Improvement of bus transit
- New establishment of bus route by minicoach introduction
- Maintenance of highway
- Maintenance (widening, intersection improvement) of road becoming bus route
- Maintenance of station square
- Traffic regulation (setting of bus priority, exclusive lane)