Country designated historic spot "choinasetsutsu" (we keep on after being shallow) ※By typhoon damage of 2019, we cannot enter now.
Large Kiridoshi (about 18m in height) in boundary with Kamakura-shi
Small Kiridoshi (about 16m in height) of Yokohama-shi side
◇Position: 1, Toogezaka, Asahinacho, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama-shi, Juniso, Kamakura-shi
◇Historic spot-designated history
 1969 (1969) June 5 area: 6,600 square meters
Area: (Yokohama-shi side), in Yokohama city street Mutsuura Route 1, is with roads from border with Kamakura-shi to the 330-km mark floor and both sides 20m is
(Kamakura-shi side) the with roads from border with Yokohama-shi to about 1 kilometer floor in Kamakura city street Route 101 and both sides 5-20m range
 40,792 square meters of July 28, 2008 (we appoint more for Yokohama city limits)
Area: To the next ridge which includes the north side of existing appointed place, tower group and stonepit, and enters field of vision at Kiridoshi way, in the south side, historic spot scenery adds kept range to the east side to trough line along Kiridoshi way including the Kumano Shinto shrine whole area to this side of expressway (53,992 square meters for Yokohama city limits in total)
As record in documents, Kamakura and gi opening road midway with Mutsuura (bluefish and others) are decided in clause of (1240) November 30 in history book "Azuma mirror" (Azuma stoops down) of the Kamakura Shogunate 1240, and there is as regent third charges Yasutoki Hojo at time went to visit by oneself. It was started excavation construction on April 5 in the next year. In Mutsuura Tsu (mutsuranotsu), Hojo used this by excavation of Kiridoshi as outport of Kamakura in natural good harbor which prevented heavy seas. In Thailand, we gave Minoru Hojo Thailand (seed do) of younger brother this important ground. As for (seed time), we set up hall on this ground in grain of true Thailand and it lasted for kenji (we get tired), *ken (sadaaki), *sho (Sadayuki) and four generations afterward and we called ourselves and we founded designation name temple and Kanazawabunko and developed Kanazawa (kanesawashi). Mutsuura Tsu prospered after Hojo extinction as strategic point of traffic on the seas, and scenery of the neighborhood of inlet was praised with Kanazawahakkei for the early modern times period, and many writer artists doing calligraphy visited here.
It was important street that linked the ground of Mutsuura to Kamakura, and, in Kiridoshi, salt produced in Mutsuura and Kamariya was carried to Kamakura through Kiridoshi. It is said that cause Kanazawa Highway was along, and transmitted ennamejizo tells light most moving passage temple (kousokuji) of Kamakura, 12 place (juniso) about prosperous traffic of merchants. In the Edo era, there is to various Kamakura guidance illustrated maps with "Kanazawa way and cow" "asaina Kiridoshi shi" "Toogezaka Kiridoshi sea Kanazawa way". Tea house is represented in large Kiridoshi of top in old photograph of the Meiji first half of the year, and there is introduction of tea house in "Kamakura broad perspective" of written by Zenjiro Sato (1902). Road building is carried out repeatedly by villagers of the foot through Edo period, and several rest-in-peace pagodas remain near entrance of Kiridoshi.
It was used until opening of Kamakura, Kanazawa line going around Kiridoshi as prefectural road, but Kiridoshi leaves figure of the past in 1956 (1956) relatively well until the later neighboring development destroys sunken road way because we were careless.
Was appointed for (1969), so-called reason that "seven shares of Kamakura" was geographical features of Kamakura and valuable historic spots indicating the notification situation with the outside as one of seven Kiridoshi on historic spot of country in 1969, and the outskirts area of Kiridoshi was appointed with addition designation of Kamakura city limits more almost simultaneously afterwards in (2008) in 2008.