It is the top of this page

One third insured person who joins National Pension Plan (Kokumin Nenkin)

Last update date March 11, 2019

With third insured person

Third insured person is one meeting all the next conditions. If even one one does not correspond, it is not third insured person at that point.

  1. Being under 20 years or older 60 years old
  2. Being spouse supported by No. 2 person insured
  3. Not being No. 2 person insured

For example, it is following time that we correspond to third insured person.

  • When we got married and began support of husband (wife)
  • When one of working together couple retired and began other support
  • When we finished receiving employment insurance (unemployment insurance) and began support of husband (wife)
  • When husband (wife) of first insured person which supported wife (husband) found a job, and he became No. 2 person insured

We cannot acquire qualification of third insured person only by being supported by office worker, public employee joining Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin). When we acquired qualification of third insured person or when classification turned into third insured person, it is necessary to report.

Various reports (qualification and the loss, address change, full name change, classification change) which modified third insured person went in ward office National Pension Plan Section until March 31, 2002, but came to report to company (business owner) and cooperative association where husband (wife) worked for from April 1, 2002 (usually in conjunction with employee health insurance).
When husband (wife) does not work for company as of (when we file for past report lapse of memory), we go through the procedure in pension office having jurisdiction over ward to live.

As premium of third insured person is paid as money of contribution for National Pension System by pension policy that spouse takes out, it is not necessary to put individually. It may not be subtracted from salary of husband (wife) individually.
In addition, in the case of spouse who is not supported in spouses of No. 2 person insured either, (cases that, as a general rule, are more than yearly income 1.3 million yen) becomes first insured person.

Person finishing report of No. 3 is not third insured person anymore at following time. Please report one younger than 60 years to ward office National Pension Plan Section without forgetting. In procedure, take pension book (please refer beforehand in some cases as there is other required documents).

  1. When incomes increased and were off support
    (when we joined Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin) by yourself, report to ward office is unnecessary.)
  2. When we got a divorce
  3. When husband (wife) who was member of Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin) made the retirement (unemployment)
  4. When husband (wife) who was member of Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin) died
  5. When husband (wife) who was member of Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin) arrived at 65 years old, and there was recipient qualification of pension by old age

For example, attention is necessary afterwards even if it is third insured person when we began part duty as qualification of third insured person breaks off when you take out social insurance (Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin)).
In addition, report of third insured person is necessary some other time for the office of husband (wife) when we resign from part-time job (off application of Employee Pension Plan (Kosei Nenkin)) and become third insured person again.

Inquiry about procedure

Please refer to ward office Insurance and Pension Division National Health Insurance Section of ward to live.

Contact information in charge of each ward office Insurance and Pension Division National Pension Plan (Kokumin Nenkin)
Ward officePhone numberFax
Tsurumi Ward045-510-1802045-510-1898
Kanagawa Ward045-411-7121045-411-7088
Nishi Ward045-320-8421045-322-2183
Naka Ward045-224-8311045-224-8309
Minami Ward045-341-1129045-341-1131
Konan Ward045-847-8421045-845-8413
Hodogaya Ward045-334-6332045-334-6334
Asahi Ward045-954-6131045-954-5784
Isogo Ward045-750-2421045-750-2544
Kanazawa Ward045-788-7831045-788-0328
Kohoku Ward045-540-2346045-540-2355
Midori Ward045-930-2337045-930-2347
Aoba Ward045-978-2331045-978-2417
Tsuzuki Ward  045-948-2331045-948-2339
Totsuka Ward045-866-8441045-866-8419
Sakae Ward045-894-8421045-895-0115
Izumi Ward045-800-2421045-800-2512
Seya Ward045-367-5721045-362-2420

Inquiry to this page

Health and Social Welfare Bureau life Welfare Division Insurance and Pension Division

Telephone: 045-671-2418

Telephone: 045-671-2418

Fax: 045-664-0403

E-Mail address

Return to the previous page

Page ID: 626-552-209

We come back to the top