Full-scale scattering of cedar pollen is from February to April
In Japan, it is said that we have much cedar pollinosis as hay fever. A lot of cedar pollen is scattered; let's keep in mind for the hay fever prevention from February through April. It is expected to lower possibility that by reducing quantity to breathe in pollen, person who is not hay fever suffers from hay fever newly.
In addition, in the Kanto district, as for the early February and late April, as for the early March and late May, in August, in October, pollen of weeds such as ragweed or mugwort is mainly scattered gramineous pollen such as Dactylis glomerata hinoki pollen cedar pollen from August from June. In addition, oral allergy syndrome and related deep white birch are scattered with Hokkaido and a part of Honshu from April through June. As pollen and time to be scattered vary according to areas, please warn ko.
For the prevention of hay fever
1. Let's wear a mask.
We reduce pollen to breathe in when much of scattering of pollen to a one-sixth from about a one-third, and mask is effective in letting you lighten symptom of nose. In addition, it is expected to lower possibility that person who is not hay fever reduces quantity to breathe in pollen, suffers from hay fever newly. For season of influenza, effect of the influenza prevention is expected, too.
In addition, please warn as pollen is breathed in from mask and gap with face when mask does not fit face so that mask fits face.
2. Let's wear glasses.
As glasses can reduce pollen which it gets into eyes when much of scattering of pollen from a half to a one-third, it is effective in letting you lighten symptom of eyes.
In addition, it is thought that you should change to glasses as stimulation with contact lens amplifies allergic conjunctivitis due to pollen as for the person using contact lens in season when pollen is scattered.
3. Let's be careful about cloth for clothes.
As clothes have pollen, jacket and coat with woolen stuff such as wool which is easy to be accompanied by pollen when going out when pollen is scattered should avoid. Pollen is hard to attach to thing of chemical fibers such as smooth surface cotton or polyester and is expected to reduce quantity to breathe in pollen which attached.
4. We put on hat in coat, and let's wear gloves.
We prevent adhesion of pollen to clothes by wearing coat and prevent adhesion of pollen to hair by putting on hat, and let's prevent adhesion of pollen to hand by wearing gloves. As for coat and the cloth for hat, pollen may be hard to attach to thing of chemical fibers such as smooth surface cotton or polyester like foregoing paragraph. Hat has good wide thing of saliva. Coat, hat and gloves will prevent them from dropping pollen in house as if taking off before entering family.
5. Let's go out on day with a little scattering of pollen.
You should go out on day with a little scattering of pollen than scattering of pollen goes out on many days. During the time with much scattering of cedar pollen, it is said that there is relatively much scattering of cedar pollen on day of the following weather.
・ Day openly with high temperature
・ Day when air dries, and wind is strong
・ The next day after rain
・ After day with high temperature lasted 2-3 days
In addition, it is said to scattering of cedar pollen that there is relatively many in (18-19:00) after around the daytime (12-13:00) and the sunset among days. When cedar pollen which temperature goes up this in the morning, and protruded from cedar forests arrives at urban area several hours later, it is thought that pollen which went up in the sky drops on ground after the sunset.
About the scattering situation of pollen in Yokohama-shi, please refer to later "Yokohama City Minato Red Cross Hospital allergy center mine dust, pollen, weather network" (the outside site).
About the scattering situation of national pollen, please refer to "Ministry of the Environment pollen observation system" (you do not filter mucus) of later "Ministry of the Environment pollen information site" (http://www.env.go.jp/chemi/anzen/kafun/ (outside site)).
6. It will prevent you from approaching area with many trees and plants with pollen allergy.
Cedar pollen and hinoki pollen come flying from distant place, but pollen such as other weeds is coming flying of short distance. It will prevent you from approaching area with many trees and plants with pollen allergy as much as possible.
If we come back from going out
1. Let's gargle.
Alien substances such as pollen which attached to mucous membrane of the respiratory tracts such as nose, nodo, the trachea as it is breathed in gradually flow into throat. Gargle is effective to remove pollen which streamed down throat. As it is prevented a cold if we come back from whereabouts, let's gargle.
2. Let's wash face and hand well.
It is head, face, hand going for the surface that pollen is easy to attach to human being. We wash face and hand well if we come back from going out, and let's drop pollen.
In addition, effect to wash away pollen which attached to eyes and nose is expected to wash eyes and nose, but may rather damage mucous membrane when we wash with tap water. When you wash eyes and nose, you warm distilled water which you dissolved 0.9% of salt called saline in in temperature degree and should use.
1. Let's air laundry and futon indoors.
Pollen attaches to clothes and futon which we washed when we air laundry and futon outdoors on day with much scattering of pollen, and pollen may be brought in in house.
2. Let's cooperate in families.
Let's cooperate in families so that pollen is not brought into house. By reducing quantity to breathe in pollen by not bringing pollen into house, person who is not hay fever is expected to lower possibility that it is for hay fever newly.
3. Let's be careful about indoor ventilation.
Pollen may enter house at the time of indoor ventilation. Scattering of pollen including early morning will ventilate in little time. When we ventilate when there is much scattering of pollen, we open out small, and window will leave as around 10cm in a short time. In addition, there is much pollen which invaded at the time of ventilation in window. Let's clean diligently.
About medical care of hay fever
1. Let's receive diagnosis, treatment with medical institution.
By continuing taking preventive medicine for more than two weeks when pollen begins to be scattered, may finish for light symptom than we are treated after symptom of hay fever became severe. In addition, percentage to recover completely is not high at all, but there is cure that complete recovery called hyposensitization can expect. We have a medical examination to medical institution early than we continue being troubled with symptom, and let's receive diagnosis, treatment properly. Let's prevent aggravation by having a medical examination early.
"Pollen, mine dust information" in Yokohama-shi and each places of the whole country
We provide real time of "pollen, mine dust information" in the Yokohama city with homepage of Yokohama City Minato Red Cross Hospital allergy center is "mine dust, pollen, the weather network". We install the measurement machine in one place in six places in Yokohama-shi and Sagamihara-shi by Kanagawa Prefectural circulatory organ respiratory disease center (6-16-1, Tomiokahigashi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama-shi), Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital (35-1, Chigasakichuo, Tsuzuki-ku, Yokohama-shi), Saint Marianna University School of Medicine, Yokohama City Seibu Hospital (1197-1, Yasashicho, Asahi-ku, Yokohama-shi), Saiseikai Yokohamashi Tobu Hospital (3-6-1, Shimosueyoshi, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama-shi), Kanagawa Red Cross blood center Yokohama office (219-3, Gumizawacho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi), cooperation of national hospital mechanism Sagamihara Hospital (18-1, Sakuradai, Minami-ku, Sagamihara-shi) and, in the network, perform mine dust, pollen, weather observation as well as Yokohama City Minato Red Cross Hospital (3-12-1, Shinyamashita, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi). In addition, in the allergy center, we deliver pollen, mine dust, yellow sand information by email to cell-phone. For more details, please see the "mine dust, pollen, weather network" of the allergy center homepage (http://www.yokohama-allergy-earth.org/sensor/pollution.html (outside site)).
Homepage ... which serves as a reference about hay fever
- Hay fever feature (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) (the outside site)
- Pollen information site (Ministry of the Environment) (the outside site)
- Information (the Forestry Agency) about cedar hinoki pollen (the outside site)
- Tokyo hay fever task force (the outside site) homepage
- Pollen information (Tokyo health security research center) of Tokyo (the outside site)
- Tokyo pollen net (pollen forecast> to pollen forecast map <48 hours ahead) (the outside site)
- Tokyo "patients with hay fever fact-finding" (the outside site)
- Institute for Saitama agriculture and forestry synthesis research center forest, tree planting (the outside site): Information to wear, and to predict spring cedar amount of pollen from quantity of flower findings of cedar male flower of cedar forests in the prefecture is provided.
- Chiba allergy consultation center (the outside site)
- The Chiba agriculture and forestry synthesis research center forest Institute (the outside site)： Spring cedar amount of pollen prediction (the outside site) in Chiba。
- Kanagawa hay fever homepage (the outside site) (Kanagawa health Welfare Division health promotion section)
- Kanagawa natural environments maintenance center (the outside site) homepage: Information to wear, and to predict spring cedar amount of pollen from quantity of flower findings of cedar male flower of cedar forests in the prefecture is provided.
- Yokohama allergy information building homepage (City of Yokohama, Health and Social Welfare Bureau health business section): We introduce allergy measures of Yokohama-shi.
- Eight capital prefecture city (Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Yokohama-shi, Kawasaki-shi, Chiba-shi, Saitama-shi) combination press releases: "Questionnaire result (the outside site) about hay fever measures in eight capital prefecture cities", it is February 27, 2006.
- Incorporated administrative agency National Consumer Affairs Center of Japan (the outside site), Announcement information (the outside site); "Mask (the outside site) which declared sampling such as pollen", it is announced on February 5, 2004.
- Ministry of the Environment: Hay fever environmental health manual - January, 2014 revised edition.
http://www.env.go.jp/chemi/anzen/kafun/manual.html (the outside site)
January 26, 2015 first publication