Master of lacquerware crafts
The 1996 choice (the first)
Minami Ward residence
- It was born in 1936 and is from Yokohama-shi
- We prepare mother-of-pearl of bedroom entrance with Sagawa Shrine removal of a shrine in 1997
- Preparation of mother-of-pearl accompanied with the reconstruction of 1999 national treasure Chuson-ji gold temple inner sanctum winding pillar and mother-of-pearl octagon dais for a Buddhist image
Beauty of Shibayama lacquerware putting various parts together to lacquer in coming ages
"There is not thing bringing about beauty of work using various materials as Shibayama in Japanese folkcraft", "three-dimensional impression that there is not in picture, exquisite combination with lacquer, it is originally charm of Shibayama lacquerware that did the field existing separately in one. If we take as this, and * (tsu) becomes refined, it is not stopped even if hard. Saying only this skill does not finish somehow or other; shrine Saki.
"Japanese treasure accepted with craft that Shibayama lacquerware has history since the opening of a port in foreign country. We say, we want you to have feeling to value tradition to leave superior technique of ancient people, and to tell.
We hold exhibition and class in "Yokohama Shibayama lacquerware society" while we deal with curio of national treasure grade and try for tradition of skill.
We handle process except bare wood production alone and, as well as skill to produce Shibayama (shellfish and work of ivory to fit in lacquerware into a relief form), are good at decoration technology such as mother-of-pearl (and others do not appear), lacquering with gold and silver pattern (hail thing), lacquer work (we can wind up) other than rapid lacquer (kyushitsu).
In addition, we learn technique of Japanese painting from lower illustrator and try for copying, sketch, sketch of antique and make full use of technique of painter and lower illustrator and build up precise design in lacquerware.
We are brought up in house of Master Shibayama from charges of grandfather and enter way of Shibayama lacquerware since 15 years old and acquire inlay technology from father.
Furthermore, we study under Shinpei Sugiyama and Hirata Goro Matsu of Master Shibayama and acquire Shibayama sculpture.
Thereafter we were particular about this course while neighboring craftsmen switched jobs while dealing with repair of antiques such as shrines and temples Buddhist temples and continued working.
Main receiving a prize career
- 2003 Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry production industrial chief of the bureau Prize receiving a prize (the seventh Japan ivory crafts exhibition)
- Winning the 2003 prize for encouragement (part of the 15th Japan ivory sculpture memory exhibition having roots)
- Winning 2010 Yokohama culture prize
- 2010 Golden dragon receiving a prize (Kinsey international art foundation: the United States)
- Winning 2019 Kanagawa culture prize
We can come across the skill of Meister here!
2-263, Horinouchicho, Minami-ku, Yokohama-shi